- Sevilla FC: Benoit Tremoulinas, Michael Krohn-Dehli, Gabriel Mercado, Carlos Fernandez and Adil Rami (all injured); Sergio Escudero (suspended)
- R. Sporting: Borja Viguera (injured); Douglas Pereira and Jorge Mere (both suspended)
Sevilla (3rd, 57 pts):
- The five-time Europa League winners have cause to be confident going into this clash, having won their last eight home meetings with Sporting in league action, the best such run anywhere in LaLiga.
- No let-off after the break: Second-half goals have earned Sevilla 27 points this season, more than any other LaLiga team.
- Coach Jorge Sampaoli is looking to restore the feel-good factor at the Sanchez-Pizjuan and is eager for his charges to play with more zest again. "We've got to find a way to enjoy our football again like we were before," the Argentine said ahead of this encounter.
Sporting (18th, 21 pts):
- Andalusian hoodoo: Sporting haven't won in the region in southern Spain since way back in May 1997. Their 24 visits in the intervening period have yielded six draws and no fewer than 18 defeats.
- The Asturians head into this weekend's match buoyed by their 3-1 come-from-behind victory over Granada CF last time out. Their manager, Rubi, wants his side to really go for it as they attempt to claw their way out of the relegation zone and insisted that, "The team are so full of confidence at the moment that I'm not ruling anything out."
- Burgeoning Burgui: The youngster set up one of Sporting's goals in that win and in the process took his assist tally for this season to four. This is one more than the Real Madrid loanee managed with RCD Espanyol last term, in what was his debut campaign in the Spanish top flight.
Getting to the Ramon Sanchez-Pizjuan
Address: Calle Sevilla Futbol Club, 41005 Seville Metro: The closest metro stations are Nervion and Gran Plaza. San Bernardo train station also has a metro stop. Bus: 21, 24, 27, B3, 28, 29, C1, C2, 32, EA (Airport Special) and 5 Suburban Train: Lines C1 and C3 Train: Santa Justa is the nearest station
Stadium location here
© LaLiga - Year 2017