- Villarreal CF: Roberto Soldado (injured)
Villarreal (6th, 35 pts)
- The Castellon outfit have enjoyed good fortunes at home to Malaga in recent years, going unbeaten in the last six meetings on their own patch (W4 D2). The last time the Andalusians ran out victorious in Villarreal was back in April 2009.
- They may be nicknamed the Yellow Submarine and renowned for their defensive fortitude, but Fran Escriba's troops have picked up the fewest yellow cards in LaLiga Santander this season (36), a testament to how well disciplined they are.
Malaga (14th, 22 pts)
- The Andalusians lead the way for interceptions in LaLiga this term (410), with their midfield anchorman Ignacio Camacho topping the individual chart (77).
- Interestingly enough, Marcelo Romero – who remains winless since taking up the Malaga helm – scored his first-ever goal in the Spanish top flight against none other than Villarreal, in a 2-1 victory at La Rosaleda in February 2002. As such, a timely triumph in this weekend's game would taste extra special for Romero.
Getting to the Estadio de la Ceramica
Address: Calle de Blasco Ibañez, 2, 12540 Vila-real, Castellon
The stadium is a 10-minute walk from the centre of Villarreal
Suburban Train: Line C6
Train: The nearest station is Vila-Real, 20 minutes' walk from the stadium
Stadium location here