- Villarreal CF: Nicola Sansone (injured).
- Real Madrid: Raphael Varane (injured).
Villarreal (6th, 39 pts)
- The hosts bowed out of the Europa League on Thursday night, the upshot of which is that they are now able to focus their attentions on their LaLiga Santander commitments. Escriba's charges are currently riding a four-game unbeaten streak following a sequence of two wins and draws apiece. Last matchday saw Samu Castillejo's last-gasp strike seal the spoils in a 1-0 away success at Real Sociedad.
- Speaking in the build-up to this one, Escriba insisted that, "We've competed well against the big hitters." The Castellon outfit have certainly held their own against the division's heavyweights, having claimed an away point against Madrid, whilst holding FC Barcelona and comfortably dispatching of Atletico Madrid at home.
Real Madrid (1st, 52 pts)
- In the wake of Wednesday's reverse against Valencia CF, Zinedine Zidane's men will be eager to get back on track as they bid to continue setting the pace at the LaLiga Santander summit.
- If there's one man with reason to be happy in the Madrilenians' camp right now it's Gareth Bale. The Welsh wizard returned to the fray two matchdays ago following a lengthy layoff and announced his return with a goal. Being able to call on a fully-fit Bale provides the league leaders with a timely boost as we head into the business end of the season.
Getting to the Estadio de la Ceramica
Address: Calle de Blasco Ibañez, 2, 12540 Vila-real, Castellon
The stadium is a 10-minute walk from the centre of Villarreal.
Train: The nearest station is Vila-Real, 20 minutes' walk from the stadium.
Stadium location here.
Time: 20:45 CET
Stadium: Estadio de la Ceramica
Referee: Gil Manzano, Jesus
TV: Watch the game in your country.
Preview in numbers