- UD Las Palmas: Javi Castellano, Angel Montoro and Michel Macedo (all injured).
- Villarreal CF: Sergio Asenjo, Adrian and Denis Cheryshev (all injured).
Las Palmas (12th, 32 pts):
- The Canary Islanders find themselves bidding to regain some consistency after having emerged victorious just once in their last seven outings (D1 L5). That triumph came in the side's last home clash, in which they eased to a 5-2 win over CA Osasuna and the hosts will be eager to treat the home faithful to another three points here.
- Speaking in the build-up to the encounter, Quique Setien, whose Las Palmas reign incidentally began in the corresponding fixture last season, declared, "We'll have to be really wary when we lose possession. It'll be an even contest which will ultimately come down to who is most clinical in front of goal."
Villarreal (5th, 48 pts):
- The Castellon outfit are currently riding a three-game winning streak, a run of form which saw the Yellow Submarine regain fifth spot last time out following a 10-matchday absence from the top five. As we enter the business end of the campaign, Fran Escriba's charges will be intent on not letting fifth spot slip from their grasp in their efforts to end the season in the higher echelons of the LaLiga Santanderstandings.
- However, a look back at the sides' previous meetings shows that Villarreal have prevailed just once in their three top-flight visits to Las Palmas (D1 L1), with the visitors cruising to a handsome 5-1 victory in the 2000/01 campaign. Escriba's troops will be going all out to improve on that record here and extend their current purple patch.
Getting to the Estadio Gran Canaria
Address: C/ Fondos del Segura, 35019, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
Bus: 45 and 47.
Stadium location here.
Time: 20:45 CET
Stadium: Estadio de Gran Canaria
Referee: Vicandi Garrido, Iñaki
Hashtag: #LasPalmasVillarreal© LaLiga - Year 2017