- Athletic Club: Mikel San Jose (suspended).
- Real Madrid: Pepe, Raphael Varane and Fabio Coentrao (all injured).
Athletic (7th, 44 pts)
- Los Leones come into this one with a spring in their step after having inflicted a 2-0 defeat on Real Sociedad at Anoeta last weekend. Ernesto Valverde's charges will be eager to build on that victory as they seek to remain in the hunt for a top-six finish.
- Athletic are unbeaten in their last 13 LaLiga Santander outings at San Mames (W10 D3), a streak which represents their best run of results on home turf since the 14-game undefeated sequence put together between the tail end of the 1991/92 season and the start of the 1992/93 campaign.
Real Madrid (1st, 62 pts)
- Los Blancos regained top spot after narrowly edging past Real Betis last Sunday and Zinedine Zidane's troops will be targeting maximum points here in their quest to remain top of the pile. Ahead of this matchday's action, the Madrilenians boast a two-point cushion on FC Barcelona and have a game in hand.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has netted 16 times in his 15 LaLiga Santander appearances against Athletic. However, he has failed to breach the Basques' backline in Madrid's three league trips to the new San Mames, a score the Portuguese forward will be desperate to settle this time round.
Getting to San Mames
Address: Rafael Moreno Pitxitxi Kalea, 48013 Bilbao (Vizcaya).
Metro: Lines 1 and 2. Bus: 26, 38, 56, 62 and 80
Stadium location here.© LaLiga - Year 2017