- SD Eibar: Nano and Fran Rico (both injured).
- RCD Espanyol: Roberto, Marc Navarro and Leo Baptistao (all injured).
SD Eibar (8th, 40 pts):
- The Armeros are desperate to return to winning ways after having failed to taste victory in any of their last three outings. This encounter, which presents them with the chance to overcome a direct rival and keep themselves within striking distance of the European spots, would seem to be the ideal opportunity to get back on track.
- Speaking in the build-up, coach Jose Luis Mendilibarsought to stress the importance of the game: "If we fail to battle and put the yards in and end up dropping down a gear, we'll have a really tough time of things. We can't go leaving anything in reserve. After this one, we've got three very difficult games coming up and beating Espanyol would allow us to go into those in a more relaxed frame of mind".
Espanyol (9th, 39 pts):
- Two wins and a draw and defeat apiece from their last four outings have left the Catalans on the cusp of the European places and with plenty to play for in the remaining weeks of the campaign. Quique Sanchez Flores harbours dreams of seeing his team's commitment to easy-on-the-eye football rewarded with European qualification.
- The sides' head-to-head record certainly makes encouraging reading for Los Pericos, who have slipped to defeat just once in their last four league trips to Ipurua (W2 D1). What's more, Espanyol have managed to find the net in each of their five top-flight meetings with the Armeros, averaging 2.2 goals per game in these fixtures.
Getting to the Municipal de Ipurua Stadium
Address: Ipurua Kalea, 2, 20600 Eibar, Gipuzkoa
Bus: Stop DB01 on Eibar to Elgeta route
Train: Ardantza Station
Stadium location here.
Time: 13:00 CET
Referee: Fernandez Borbalan, David
© LaLiga - Year 2017